Monday 30 November 2009

Knitted

'With the human body as the main starting point I improvise through a three dimensional collage methode to discover ideas of shapes and silhouettes that I could never come to think about in my head.' - Sandra Backlund

So, winter seems to have left Hong Kong for the time being, which is kind of annoying since I have only recently found out just how gorgeous Sandra Backlund's AW09 collection is (forgive me for being extemely outdated on this). I have always had a soft spot for knitwear, and when it's combined with architectural structure, I can't really ask for anything better, all I can say is, Backlund is super close to replacing Louise Goldin as my favourite knitwear designer. Her 3D knitting skills are just down right amazing, I love the chunkiness of the collection; although chunkiness often results in the lack of shape or form, Backlund has done a great job at keeping a structural silhouette. Backlund describes her approach to fashion 'more as a sculpter than a tailor', and it truely shows here.

I'm so ready to get woolly this winter (that's if it comes back).

Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket




Photobucket


Does anyone know who stocks Sandra Backlund in HK?

No comments:

Post a Comment