Tuesday 24 November 2009

Clownish

Photobucket


I recently discovered Jimmy Paul on I Don't Like Detours and although I try to refrain myself from obssessing over clothes that I can't wear out, I can't help myself. His 08 lookbook was what first caught my attention, I really like how the clothes are really fun yet the mood of the photos are really dark, it almost reminds me of the movie 'It' (Well, his collection was based on the idea of childhood fears, so it's pretty obvious I guess). Just the thought of that film gives me the shivers! Anyhoo, Jimmy Paul graduated from the Gerit Rietveld Academy Amsterdam in 2008 and I think he's one worth looking out for, his creations are definately editorial material more than your usual ready-to-wear, but who cares, I would be happy to wear his stuff! (For some reason, even though I might not ever get a chance to wear the hat, I really want one!)

Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


Photobucket


His 09 collection 'Mary me' is somewhat more wearable and since I have a weakness for puffiness and all things balloon-like (I don't know, the idea of being to use your clothes as a cushion has always comforted me), I equally love it (forgive me, I'm a bit of a whore when it comes to fashion).

Photobucket


Photobucket


PhotobucketPhotobucket

Photobucket

His illustrations for the 09 collection are also pretty awesome, I love how they all look pissed off, the actual outcome and the illustrations have a really different feel to them, the illustrations almost look Japanese-ee.

PhotobucketPhotobucket

PhotobucketPhotobucket


What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment