Monday 5 October 2009

Goodbye Margiela

Maison Martin Margiela's SS10 collection is probably my biggest disappointment so far. I think fabric/texture experimentation was the aim of this collection, which is fine and that but come on, just absolutely nothing appealed to me, and it's kind of heart breaking because I've always been a fan. The pieces that were ok were just moderations of previous things, and this might be a bit harsh but the hawaiian print used on some pieces was just kind of hideous. On the whole, the collection reminded me of origami, nevertheless, crap origami (You know how they say it's nice to be cruel?). Oh deary me, pull yourselves together guys.


The only piece I would consider buying... not even really.

This just looks like a scrunched up 20 year old poster taken down from the wall of a chinese takeaway.

Crap origami, like I said.

I have never seen such hideous shoes in my life, I could perhaps make better pairs out of binbags.

Again, scrunched up bedsheet.


No comments:

Post a Comment