Tuesday 6 October 2009

Damn my apathy - Paris Fashion Week SS10

Givenchy is definately climbing up the ladder to becoming one of my favourites thanks to Riccardo Tisci, I was left completely speechless after seeing the Givenchy Haute Couture A/W 09 show and the SS10 ready to wear collection only continues to make me dribble, I was having the hardest time choosing my crème de la crème out of the bunch, they were all perfect! The collection was composed of ruffles, clean silhouettes with raised waistlines, abstract prints (you know those prints where you think you'll see something else if you look at them long enough) and toga-esque dresses (fabulous drapery), and need I say, gorgeous footwear. My only regret is that I did not get to see the show in person. I need this badly next summer.















The Nina Ricci show was in one word, pretty. Nothing spectacular, but I'd say Peter Copping has done a pretty good job at keeping to what the house is about, I gotta say, right now I still prefer Olivier Theyskens (I've got a minor phobia towards overly pretty and frilly things), but I'm defo looking forward to more of this.

No surprise that shoulders are still the star of Balmian's SS10 collection (it's ridiculous how many high street stores have tried to replicate the signature jacket, I nearly fell a victim only to be saved by my severe pickyness),not crazy about it in general. Lots of studs and chains again, denim and leather, distressed fabrics etc etc, you get it.






A collection he called 'A Passage to India' which I still don't quite understand (then again, you're probably not supposed to), the only Indian element I sensed was perhaps the saffron yellow dresses halfway through the show. Still, Haider Ackermann continues to shine in my eyes, and although there is no particular breakthrough in my opinion, I just love his talent for manipulating fabric into beautiful modern drapery without being too volumous and how his leather pieces cling onto you like a second-skin. Very cool.














All pics courtesy of style.com

No comments:

Post a Comment