Not in a million years would I have thought Lily Allen would be the face of Chanel handbags until I saw the campaign, and in an odd way it works! Awww, she's so cute!
Speaking of Chanel handbags, I was lucky enough to see the making of the Chanel 2.55 a couple months back in Paris and it really is pretty impressive, hard to imagine what a mission it must have been to make one back in the day without all the modern machinery! I'll try and give a step by step guide with photos, let's try a little DIY, haha!
1. Prepare leather, fabric
3. Leather prepared
4. Compress leather
6. Stick onto back of leather
7. Emboss leather
8. Put leather pieces and quilting in specially designed frame.
10. Gather different parts
11. Stitch parts together
12. Assemble bag
13. Hammer edges so they are smooth.
15. Thread leather through chain.
16. Put chain on bag.
17. Accessorise...if you like.
See? It's not that hard...yeah right, just save your money girls!