Saturday 26 September 2009

Awoken from a Koma

I was told to read up on David Koma by my brother and have finally gotten round to doing it (yes, I'm a lazy bitch), damn, I really wish I had sooner though cos I'm sure he is all over the place now and that is certainly no surprise, I'm just gutted I have been living without this gem for the past half year! For those of you that are even more outdated than me, here's a little intro:

David Koma is a Georgian-born 2009 MA graduate from CSM whos graduate collection received the Harrods Design Award. His graduate collection consisted mainly of black and nude colours and focused on a skin-tight silhouette. A lot of focus on the hip area which is just perfect for my no ass-ness. The details in the collection are striking, little black dresses embellished with metal tubes and chains, and my ultimate favourite is obviously the nude dresses with the gorgeous detailing on the sleeves, I am unsure of what material was used to make the squiggly detail, but it is fa-fa-fa-fantastic. I have heard that he comes from a rich background which may explain the beautiful craftsmanship and materials used in the collection. It's great to be loaded.



David Koma graduate collection fw09

His SS10 collection is equally amazing and whilst keeping a skin-tight silhouette, mainly consisted of an array of coloured tubing over black and white mini dresses. Very fresh indeed, if only I could afford all of them, I wouldn't mind alternating between each one of these dresses over the whole of next summer! I just can't get enough of him!! More, more, more please.















And here's a pic of David Koma himself. A massive big-up to this gorgeous little dude.

David Koma ss10 (pics courtesy of dazed digital.)

His SS10 collection will be available in Browns, please make me rich by then.

No comments:

Post a Comment